Wednesday 5 April 2023

Intense drama in the bog

Easter holiday has begun and thus I have a couple of days of, and what makes more sense than to spend the days out in nature with my camera.

Not so far from my home is a tiny bog where I simply just love to go, and on tuesday I did so to see if I could get some pictures of small birds and other interesting things. 

After nearly 4 hours I still had not gotten any birds close enough to photograph, but then suddenly a pair of ducks landed in the water right before me. They quickly disappeared into som low hanging bushes, and about 30 seconds later I found out why. A second male duck landed and instantly he started searching the area. After a few minutes he found them and then all hell broke loose. The two males fought for the right to the female and at the same time they also attempted to mount her. It was hard to watch how rough they were to each other and especially to the female. Fortunately all came out ok, at least for now.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 Spring in the forest - Part one Snow´s gone. After a rather cold and hard winter, at least compared to what we have been used to in Denmark...